[Rhodes22-list] Seaward 26 RK

Robert Dobson robertdobson777 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 21:07:10 EST 2005

Just thought I would through in my two sense on
Practical Sailor's 04-10-2005 Boat Review of the
Seaward 26. The similarities to the Rhodes 22 are
pretty much right down the line. You could almost
substitute Rhodes for Seaward in most places in the
review.  Structurally it is basically the same but
longer(so it gets one more window). The use and
intention of the boat is identical to the Rhodes, not
especially for racing,same negatives on sail trim,
more for single handling, great for four adults. Same
with pricing in that you can buy the basic boat and
custom design both for your area and needs. The major
things it did not mention was all the extra features
of the Rhodes. No IMF, no pop top, no motor raising
system,no extra room under the seats in the cockpit.
Amazingly , the size of the cockpit is the same on
boats. It seems to me that Stan and his extras is the
more interestingly equipped boat. Neither boat has a
Vang. The 175 head sail with the IMF make the Rhodes
much more adjustable to all winds and much quicker to
adapt to changing conditions. Of course, I have not
sailed the Seaward 26 , so I am probably all wet. The
Rhodes  still gets my vote.

Bob Dobson
s/v Kel Lee ( my Irish Lass)