[Rhodes22-list] Anchor Chain Question

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 19 07:57:14 EST 2005

Bill,

I agree with Bill here. I started out using about 8 feet of chain. For my
conditions I quickly found out that I don't need any chain. I anchors in
fairly shallow coves with red clay bottom. It has never been a problem. The
chain seemed like extra hassle and weight. Everyone told me this was going
to be a big problem. It has worked just fine and I spend a bunch of nights
anchored. I would guess your conditions up river are much the same. If you
plan on towing your boat to the coast I would suggest chain but don't see
any need on the river.

Wally.