[Rhodes22-list] Rudder Loss

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 05:20:58 EST 2005

OK, OK, so it ain't a sailboat.  Another Airbus
(French built POS) lost some parts last week.  Here's
a couple of photos.  The third photo is Airbus's
solution to the weight gain problem with the A380.
The text that follows is from a letter going around
the net amongst pilots. I'm staying away from
airplanes and am going sailing for the whole week!
Brad

Boeing may have a problem but it ain't this problem.
(So, what's with Airbus and keeping rudders and
vertical stabs ATTACHED to the airplane...?) Is that
corrosion around the bolts I see? At least they
kept the vertical stabilizer. Now, just for a minute,
lets go back and rethink the AA Airbus vertical
Stabilizer incident, you think there was a cover up?
No, hell no, lets blame the pilots, I'll just bet the
co-pilot did it. There, it's all over and swept under
the rug that way and we keep the relationships ongoing
with the European consortiums, cause we have so many
of those crappy composite built things we use here in
this country.

Air Transat took some of its A-310 aircraft out of
service on Sunday after an incident involving one of
its plans en route from Cuba to Quebec.

On Saturday, an Air Transat Airbus 310 flying from
Varadero, Cuba to Quebec City developed what the
airline is calling a "mechanical problem" about
25 minutes into the flight.

A spokesperson for the airline said the plane's rudder
"partially fell off."

On Sunday three Airbus planes in Toronto and two in
Vancouver were suspended from flying until they are
thoroughly inspected.

Air Transat has a total of 10 A-310 models.

The airline had to make alternate arrangements for
affected passengers.

"IF IT AINT BOEING I AINT GOING!"