[Rhodes22-list] port potties

Dan Bodnar dsbodnar at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 20 13:45:14 EST 2005

Bill,
I also put in an Aquamate 875MSD and plumbed it into a deck pumpout fitting,
using hard Schedule 40 pipe as much as possible.  No odor, and in a pinch it
can be disconnected to empty in the conventional manner.   The big surprise
to using this taller, larger capacity unit is that it is actually easier to
use than the lower models. And the headroom wasn't as big an issue as I
feared, before installing it. (Tallest regular crew is 5'10").  Only other
comment is that I don't trust the specified vent fittings to supply enough
air when pumping out, so I open the bowl valve just a hair.

Dan Bodnar
SV QOL