[Rhodes22-list] Weekend sail

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Mon Mar 21 08:28:24 EST 2005

G'morning ya'll
Spring break was at its thundering crescendo this past weekend, and travel
on and off of the Queen Isabella causeway was a nightmare. Several backups
over three hours in length. I however, found a more satisfying method of
traveling to and from the island....Le Menagerie! (see photo)

The hour and a half (close hauled, 1 way / 45 minutes on the run the other)
commute was actually quite pleasant (temperature-upper 80's wind ESE
8-15mph), and after having worked on an environmental survey on property in
Port Isabel all weekend, 'twas a great chance to unwind with a little dram
of rhum in hand.

The bads news is, on the last sail bac across yesterday afternoon, I
slipped in the cockpit, hit the tiller, and cracked it longitudinally...
it'll fix though with a couple of through bolts and doubler plates.

Hope ya'll had good sailing weather (or will real soon!)
Cheers

Jim White
Le Menagerie
www.lemenagerie.blogspot.com