[Rhodes22-list] Anchor Chain Question

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:16:10 EST 2005

Roger,

As previously mentioned I would carry chain when traveling. But I really
don't miss it locally. Why site a source when I can draw my own conclusions.
I don't read much about sailing. I go sailing. :-)

At the moment I am not trailering my boat. My marina requires insurance just
in case my boat damages another boat or the marina. I comply. However I have
considered slipping my boat at a friends dock. If I do so I would drop my
insurance. If I started towing I would get insurance again. This doesn't
seem risky to me at all.

I sail on Watts Bar Lake about one hundred miles down river from Knoxville.
Bill sails on a stretch of the river a mile or so from my house. We get a
lot of practice tacking but it really is a nice area. Over all Watts Bar is
smaller than KY Lake.

One day I would love to cruise on the Great Lakes. Yes I will have chain
with me.