[Rhodes22-list] Sailing

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Sun May 8 22:34:49 EDT 2005

Friday,first mate (3rd mate actually) and I went for a sail after work.
Winds 5-10 mph out of the north,sailed for 2 hours,then threw out the hook
and grilled burgers on the Coleman.Motored back to the slip at dusk.
Saturday,worked until noon,then mowed lawn and took all the boat maintenance
stuff from the garage to the basement.The wind kept on building all
day,at4:00 pm I couldn't take it anymore,threw the troy-built back in the
garage,hopped on the scooter and rode to the lake. The wind was out of the
north,at10-15,gusting to 20,but they were lazy gusts and were easy to
prepare for.I was able to sail out the mile of protected channel to the main
lake.(was only able to do this 3 times last year)But it was by far the
fastest I've ever sailed out the channel.
I've only sailed with the boom in the lower position one other time, when I
first got the Rhodes,but yesterday the boom was down all day and the high
side was really high all day. Four hours of  cross sheeting heaven. Got back
to the slip and spent 5 minutes putting things in the cabin back in there
place.Good day!
Jerry