[Rhodes22-list] questional ballast??? 1973 R22

FNuttersNY at aol.com FNuttersNY at aol.com
Wed May 11 00:08:24 EDT 2005

In fact it runs from the veeberth "bulkhead" to just past the centerboard
trunk a foot shy of the CB cap.  It comes up as high as the floorboards and
flairs out about  8" from the trunk.  My boat does not have a  removable CB cap
that runs the length of the CBT. I just have a small cap that  covers the
lifting tackle in the step.  To remove my board I remove the  front axle of the
trailer and roll it forward.  I then raise the trailer  from the front high
enough to let the board  slide out.  I might  mention that I did away with the
original keeper system and just drilled a  through hole through the keel and board
for a pivot point.  I also had a  board made that weighs about 60lbs and is
the same width from top to bottom but  has a thicker cross section airfoil
shape.  It seems to let me point a  little higher.