[Rhodes22-list] Lost ballast

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Wed May 11 11:39:30 EDT 2005

  Graham,
    If you have repaired the crack effectively, I would not tamper
with the centerboard housing (trunk).   Its really almost impossible
to get tools into the trunk even when its ripped open like mine is
now.   I would have attempted the same repair you did but use a
syringe to inject the epoxy into a few holes around the crack as well.
  I am sure you still have ballast. The bars of lead I can see are
measuring about 3"Lx1.5"W and are embedded into the cement which is
your top layer of ballast around the bottom of the hull and extending
into the shoal keel.
  Its almost impossible for me to get my digital cam under the boat
and aim it at this material.  I only have a mini dv camera right now
that can focus that close.
   In a perfect world It would have been nice to get the boat up on
stands , but my marina would then charge me extra for the trailer and
I really could not afford it.
good luck
  Lou