[Rhodes22-list] Bottom of IMF Tube

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed May 18 02:00:24 EDT 2005

Rummy,

I think there is supposed to be a flange on the beige piece on the left
which has sheared off.  I think the flange is supposed to hold the
fitting in place when the screw is tightened on the flange.  I think the
furling tube is supposed to rotate inside the beige piece.  I gather
from Wally that screws go into the holes on the rims of the black pieces
to keep the black pieces from rotating inside the IMF chamber of the
mast extrusion.  I don't think the beige piece is supposed to be cracked.

But I'm just guessing.  Do I have this wrong?  I think the beige piece
on the right is in good shape, and that the beige piece on the left is
supposed to look and function like the beige piece on the right.  They
are not the same.

Annotated Picture attached.

Bill