[Rhodes22-list] Internet; boat; Satellite?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun May 22 12:17:53 EDT 2005

Ed,
We love our Direcway satellite connection to the internet, but I haven't
seen anything that would work on a moving platform. We have looked at and are
thinking of installing an external antenna for our wireless hub that would give
us almost a 12 mile range.
Kimberly has ordered a device for her new cell phone which would allow her
to connect her laptop while on the lake, but again this requires you to be in
cell phone range. I will report more after she gets it.
A couple of years ago I was able to do this with my old Motorola flip  phone,
but I haven't needed it since. I guess I like the idea of being a little  bit
out of touch when on the water.