[Rhodes22-list] Anyone else tired of this political debate?

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue May 24 02:41:51 EDT 2005

Whew.... I don't even own a Rhodes. For a minute there, I thought I'd have to quit typing...

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> mjm at michaelmeltzer.com 5/24/2005 12:06:17 AM >>>
Graham you are welcome to stay and you are welcome to go. that is your chose. In real life you might be a CEO of a fortune 500
company used to ordering people around. But here you are the "F-cking New guy" who first post in ordering people to your will.  What
is funny is that unless you look like a navy chef your would never walk into a bar and do that. We are all called "captain" on the
boat but we do watch out for the "Captain Ahab's" in life. Sailors are friendly people and helpful to others(it the nature of the
sea, try to get food, water, docking, a ride to a store, spares in a strange port without help) The people are not paid to be here,
we make it a place that sailors like to hang out at, share and help others. Boating questions are the main topic but being a boating
manual is boring so it real what ever people what to talk about. Last but not least, At this point your ego might say that you are
important to be here, but frankly no one cares yet, you never helped anyone, you never introduced your self, never gaving any
backround, never even told a simple joke. You earn respect not demand it.

You asked to lean something, maybe this will be of some help. Your are welcome to stay but I would subject your try introducing your
self, some boating backround and where you sail and etc.... We would like you get to know you in a friendly way.

MJM

PS. we been doing this for about 11 years now, 3 out of 4 time I have to write this type of post the people drop off but maybe you
make it if you wish and you are going to have to trust me I know what I talking about.