[Rhodes22-list] Dockside power and marine charger

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 09:33:09 EDT 2005

Tom,

I sail on TN River and have used Mcron CS. It is an  ablative paint. I keep
my boat in the water year yound and it seems to last at least 3 years. I am
hauling out in August and I will most likely use again.

My 84 Rhodes 22 did not have solar charger, shore power, or battery charger.
  My original plan was to install marine battery charger first then add
solar panels and shore power. I found for my use the battery charger was all
I ever needed. We can cruise up and down the river for four or five days
without draining our batteries. MY slip has power so I can always plug AC
stuff into spike bar. A good charger will have enough juice to charge your
batteries and run cabin lights plus stereo. Keeping everything 12 volt
simplifies things. If I decided to start trailering more I would add solar
panels. I am no longer considering adding shore power.

Congrats on your purchase!

Wally KNoxville TN