[Rhodes22-list] to Bill - Tiller Extension stuck in position

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue May 24 12:15:00 EDT 2005

Rose,

They are easy to overpower, anyone can do it if they don't understand
the mechanism.  Some will lock or unlock in either direction, but only
if the unlock is in the reverse direction of the last lock.  This
becomes intuitive for the experienced user, but not for someone watching
you use it who then tries to emulate what he/she thinks they saw.

Watch people when they first use the device.

The last replacement I got does not screw all the way through the
tiller--it has a push release so I can take it off the tiller when I am
using an autotiller.

Of course, you can use the tiller without the extension, but with the
extension it is the most comfortable way to steer a boat.

Bill Effros