[Rhodes22-list] Ed, the nautical engineer

Rhodierose at aol.com Rhodierose at aol.com
Tue May 24 13:57:07 EDT 2005

Thanks Ed,

I haven't read 'Sailing Small' but will look for a copy.

A toolbox was one of the first things I put on the boat.  While I am a novice
sailor I have taken the beginner sailing course at Annapolis Sailing school
and a course at North Sails on performance racing.  I've crewed on a J105 &
Trip26 for about 4 years but never owned or 'captained' a boat of my own so I am
a bit apprehensive (a bit is an understatement).

Not to many people know where Reedville is.  1 1/2 hours from Richmond and
Hampton.  It is a quaint old town.  The main industry used to be fishing and now
it is the Menhadin (bait fish) plant which makes vitamins & fertilizer (say
what).   Here is where it is:

Rose