[Rhodes22-list] Kathy the new sailor

Kathy Wood kathy at trianglehealthplans.com
Wed May 25 14:29:40 EDT 2005

Ed wrote:

	Kathy,
	The Rhodes 22 will do what you want to do and very importantly,
do it safely.  Have you sailed in a rhodes 22?  Have you read all the
details offered on the Web Site?  How old are the kids?  This site is
not an arm of General Boats and we have alienated several wanabees with
candid comments, so take comments on this list in perspective.

I have only sailed in a 14' Hunter that had a main sail and jib and I
was hooked after about 1 minute!  My experience is truly minimal, but
I've been assured "it will all come back to me when I'm back on the
water."  I have read all the details on the Web site and compared to the
other boats I've looked at, the Rhodes 22 looked like an "ultimate" boat
for our family.  The kids are 14 and 11.  Being that we are such
newbies, I really want to start with something that I will have no
problems sailing on my own, as I'm not sure how much the kids could
contribute at first.  I would really like to find something safe yet
affordable, and obviously larger than a Sunfish to accommodate all of us
as we learn the ropes.  That being said, is there anyone out there
looking to part with their beloved, gently used, yet priced for the
budget-minded daysailer?

Kathy

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any accompanying documents are
intended only for the use of individual or entity to which they are
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
or exempt from disclosure under HIPAA Privacy Rule and all other
applicable laws.  If the reader of this email is not the inteNded
recipient, you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from
reading, disseminating, distributing, or copying this communication.  If
you have received this email in error, please notify sender immediately
and destroy original transmission.