[Rhodes22-list] your motor system for your boat

Nell nellwolfe at cox.net
Thu May 26 07:38:00 EDT 2005

To Tom Diliberto

>From Nell Woodroffe

I received an email from Stan discussing options for the outboard motor for
my Rhodes 22 which I ordered last summer.

Stan says that you have a motor system which, if I am understanding Stan's
note correctly, uses a Yamaha 8, 4 stroke, electric start, long shaft,
electric tilt model for the UPP.

Because of the long delay in boat production, Stan is providing a loaner
boat until my own boat materializes.

Stan suggested that I contact you for your opinion on your motor system vs.
the Yamaha 9.9 with UPP.

I chose the UPP because I don't want to have to pull the heavy motor up
manually then tilt it. I also wanted a motor that is easy to start.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you explain the advantages and
disadvantages of your motor system to me?

I need to make a decision about the motor soon.

I think that means that the boat may soon have a transom able to accommodate
a motor. At least I hope that's what it means.

Thank you for your information.