[Rhodes22-list] stepping mast

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu May 26 12:06:15 EDT 2005

Dean,

One person working alone can do it in 20 minutes, but 1/2 hour is more
like it--provided you are working from a good checklist or have done it
many times before.  I do it alone because I find there is no advantage
to working with a second person.  I find I want to double check
everything myself anyhow, and the other person always winds up under the
mast when no one should be there.  Also the second person is distracting.

Slim has posted a good checklist.  Someone will tell you where to find
it.  It makes little sense until you start to follow it.

Be careful.  There are many checklists.  Some raise and lower to the
stern, some to the bow.  You can get hurt if you follow a checklist that
is raising or lowering in the reverse direction from what you are
actually doing.

Bill Effros