[Rhodes22-list] Bigger Heel and Amount of Sail

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 16:33:21 EDT 2005

Jim,

Your wife complaining about putting out more sail just
for more heel reminds me of one of William F.
Buckley's books  (Yeah, that William F. Buckley, he
also wrote three great sailing books).  His wife put a
mark on the inclinometer (at about 20 degrees I think)
and said she didn't care what he did with the boat,
just don't exceed that mark.

Sailing is a lot like flying, there are at least three
things you don't want to hear in the cockpit: 1 -
"What was that?" 2 - "Based on my vast experience" and
3 - "Watch this!"

Brad