[Rhodes22-list] Political: Majority rule

Philip Esteban 3drecon at comcast.net
Fri May 27 10:58:18 EDT 2005

I agree in as much as we are not the saviors of the world (that should have
been true in 1917 (my grandfather served after having come to this country 6
months earlier) and 1941 (we should have focused on the Pacific theatre
since the attack came there (and I still think Roosevelt knew it was coming
and it was the only way he could convince the country to help the English).
As for Iraq, I think the long term strategic goal is to keep pressure on the
terrorists  (in Afghanistan too) and it is working since they don't seem to
have been able to rally enough resources to attack us again.  It is tragic
soldiers must die, but we knew the game when we entered it and we are the
shield for the civilians and you have already served and preserved our
freedoms and deserve to safe and free now.  I also believe if we are to
embark on such adventures, there are worse things than going to war for oil,
which IS in the national interest.

Philip