[Rhodes22-list] Satire: Fundimentals

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 09:38:36 EDT 2005

Hank,

If you live near Houston, lookout!  I'm headed that
way this afternoon.  My friends in the MD11 keep
asking when I'm going back to flying international and
travelling to Almaty, Dubai, Mumbai, and all the other
glorious places they fly. I barely can make it to the
west coast without going nuts, much less 13 hours.
The only thing I miss about the long hauls is the
reading time available.  If you want a taste of
international flying, strap yourself in an
uncomfortable chair, drink three pots of coffee, eat
some mediocre food, and stare out the window at the
sky while watching eight different clocks to see if
the minute hand is moving - you get the picture.
After 30 years and 20,000+ hours I don't need to build
more time.  Rummy has the right idea, I'm going
sailing tomorrow.  Now that's still fun!

Brad

=== message truncated ===