[Rhodes22-list] Satire: Thin Skins and Short Memories

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sat May 28 16:24:49 EDT 2005

My 2 cents:  No apology necessary.  Philip himself said he wasn't all that
offended and he hasn't asked for an apology, so why would someone else
demand one on his behalf? I don't think they make you a Lt. Col. because you
have thin skin.  Philip's a big boy and I think he'll survive this "attack"
and still come back for more! He already has.  And he's welcome here.

In the years I've been on this list, I can no longer count how many
cannonballs have been fired across any given sailor's bow.  I remember once
being screamed at by a certain Rhodie who's name will not be mentioned, but
he lives in Little Rock,  8-)  His exact words were something to the effect
of "F**K YOU!!!!!!!"  Nobody demanded an apology then.  Nor was one
expected.  Many of us here have been known to get a bit prickly from time to
time, and so what?  No harm, no foul.  This is just email, folks.

The Rhodies are mostly liberals, so a guy like Philip is badly needed over
there IMO.  Brad needs the company.  I say let the cannons roar!

Slim