[Rhodes22-list] Brad - Air Conditioning

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 06:40:11 EDT 2005

Bob,

I think I got the gist of your setup.  A picture would
be worth a thousand words. How is the can attached to
the Honda? I've thought about various setups like
exhausting through the engines exhaust port, putting
the Honda on the dink downwind, etc.  Yours sounds
pretty simple.  A lot of my friends, mostly houseboat
and trawler types, raft up for long weekends and I'd
like to join them. I've even thought about just
stealing power from them.  The months of June through
mid-September here are so hot it is impossible to
anchor out unless you just enjoy sleeping in 90 degree
weather with 90 per cent humidity.  I have enough
battery to run two fans all night which is good to
spread your BO to the other cabin and visa versa.

Using your system  might make it possible to place the
Honda between my forward hatch (A/C location) and the
mast.  The A/C makes more noise than the Honda so you
wouldn't even notice it inside the salon.  We're
headed to the lake this morning so I'll take some
measurements.

Brad