[Rhodes22-list] 2 Inch Balls

Gregg J. MacMillan gjm at macgra.com
Tue May 31 09:03:41 EDT 2005

>Most of us trailer so infrequently we are not up to speed on
>trailering mechanics, but I'm sure we all think about it.  I use the
>quick change a ball system, and I have always appreciated the
>convenience, but have never known if it is a good idea.  What does
>your brother think?
>
>Bill Effros

Bill--

My brother also uses the quick change balls and swears by them.
Apparently he's never had a problem. We have several trailers between
us, so it is handy. I still carry the other balls and wrenches in the
trunk.

I've heard of people welding the nut onto the shaft to make sure it
doesn't come off, but that can also make the ball too brittle.

--Gregg