[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Todd and Dan

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Nov 3 20:47:11 EST 2005

Gentlemen:
	If you are looking in archives, you check the subject line.
Occasionally people put the correct subject of an email in the subject line.
That is something both of you could learn.
	You might try to get an answer out of Luis of southern waters.  He
is our resident expert in archive searching.
	Dan, wind is something that you learn.  You start in single digits
and work your way up.  Ask Bill Effros to explain his theory of balanced
sales.  Or even better, you might find Bill's explanations in the archives
since he has answered the question several times.  What are maximum winds?
This is a topic for discussion.  You might ask Michael for his comments on
this subject or again, research the archives.
	You both might want to get a copy of Endurance, Shackleton's
Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing.  A book worth reading and a book that
will open you eyes to the capability of a 22 foot sailboat.
	Todd, when you get an accurate answer to your question about
condition of the core without tearing up the fiberglass, I want to know the
answer also.  You might start with Don Casey's books.  However, they are
only the beginning.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "Frying Pan Tower is named for a body of water in eastern Tyrell
County roughly shaped like a frying pan." Lighthouses of the Carolinas by
Terrance Zepke