[Rhodes22-list] My Neighbor Died

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 15:49:22 EST 2005

This is just a regular guy from our subdivision who
died this week - unfortunately, I didn't know him
though we worked for the same company.  The news came
through the neighborhood association.  What a great
American story!

ANDREW MANSON JR. came to America from Scotland as a
child, volunteered for the Army Air Corps in WWII and
flew as a B24 navigator. After the war, he spent the
next 48 years in air freight, first as a navigator for
Seaboard & World, then as a scheduler for Flying
Tigers and FedEx. With his wife, Elsie, he raised
three children outside New York City. Using the GI
Bill, he both worked and went to college and was the
first in his family to graduate from college. Andy and
Elsie moved to Collierville in 1989 and he retired
there in 1994. Sadly, his wife died in 2004 after 57
years of marriage; a sadness he never fully recovered
from. After suffering a crippling head injury, Andy
passed away peacefully early on Monday, November 7,
2005 at the age of 83. He is greatly missed by his
daughter, Karen; sons, Robert and Donald, and six
grandchildren. A Scotsman by birth, an American by
choice, he served his adopted country and his family
with honor. High Point Funeral Chapel 901-454-5795