[Rhodes22-list] Another Reply to Cheryl O

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Nov 15 13:33:58 EST 2005

	Your belief in the accuracy of exit polls is amazing.  I learned my
method of screwing the polls from my New York liberal friends.  They took
delight is screwing up the polls and the news media.
	You referred to the 'Orange Revolution'.  Are you talking about
Ukraine?  Is O'Grady a Ukrainian or half Ukrainian?  The Ukrainians that I
know would trust a person asking information on how they were going to vote
or have voted as far as I can throw Penny the elephant at the Greenville
Zoo.  I would not be inclined to trust opinion or polls coming from any
country that was under the thumb of Stalin.  Those that survived learned how
to give the expected answer.  I have relatives who are good at explaining
this.
	I would suggest the appearance of accuracy of polls from Ukraine is
the averaging of false replies in all directions.  Eastern Ukraine lied one
way and Western Ukraine lied the other.  This conclusion of course is not
provable because they would only lie a third way.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "When someone cries "fire" in a crowded theater, a contrarian is
the person who first checks to see if there really is a fire before rushing
to the door"