[Rhodes22-list] stirring the hornet's nest.... (political) - JohnMurtha chimes in

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 11:06:47 EST 2005

Saroj,

Last post before going flying - leaving for Houston
this afternoon.

Murtha is saying little new he hasn't said before.
He's been highly critical of the conduct of the Iraq
war, as is his and everyone's right.  My point is, one
would think that a Vietnam vet like Murtha would
understand what the effect of calling for a time
specific pullout of troops will be.  If he doesn't, he
should re-visit his own war experience history.  If
the stakes in Iraq are so small that it doesn't
matter, why did he support the resolution to go to war
in the first place.

My point about WW2 is that it would be inconcievable
for Dewey supporters, freshly defeated by FDR, to
advocate leaving Germany because we ran into
resistance and got bogged down at Bastogne.  We were
late entering that war, and no one knew how long the
fight would take.  Unfortunately we declared the war
over early, went home, and left China and Eastern
Europe to the Communists.  That was the point Buchanan
was making in his article yesterday.  (Rummy, in case
you don't know, Buchannan has been a vocal opponent of
the Iraq war from the beginning).  Congress voted to
pull troops out of Vietnam and the South fell
immediately.  What are the current advocates of
setting a time certain date for an Iraqi withdrawal
proposing?  It doesn't matter anymore?  Despite
whatever misgivings one may have about starting this
war, it would be insane to end it prematurely.  How
safe is France for their appeasment of the
Islamofascists?  Spain?

Why is it when Bill Clinton makes a speech during his
administration that Saddam is a risk, we are to
believe him?  Did he mislead us as well, or was the
threat real?  Can anyone explain why a man who had no
WMD wouldn't just show his cards and spare his family
and power?  It doesn't make sense because it doesn't
make sense.  If Bush so misled the Congress, why
didn't they just do a comparison and contrast with the
intel given them by the Clinton administration?

Pro-war or anti-war, the current politics of this
stinks.

Brad

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=20154

> >> the