[Rhodes22-list] Carb problems with NISSAN outboards?

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 21 14:35:22 EST 2005

For the record, no problems at all with the '05 Tohatsu 9.8 four stroke.
Very nice, smooth, quiet motor.   The guy at Online Outboards is very
helpful and a nice guy.  Thank you Brad for the heads-up on ethanol.  I
routinely use Stabil gas stabilizer, but not sure if we have ethanol in NC.
I'll watch out for it. Why would a Tohatsu/Nissan react to ethanol any
differently than a Honda, Yamaha or Merc?