[Rhodes22-list] (political) response to Brad

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Nov 21 15:54:38 EST 2005

Oh my, now you know what I think? Wow, I'm impressed.

Hate to stomp all over your "knowledge", but I hardly think he deserves a Mt Rushmore addition. Personally, I don't like any of the faces being on Mt Rushmore, so I don't want any added to it.

I do find it entertaining though, that Bush should abdicate his role as commander in chief because he was a "draft dodger", but you folks never brought that up with President Clinton.

In ya'lls mind, exactly what is it that qualifies one to make those decisions?

I hated Clinton. I was disappointed both times he won. But, that's about as far as it went. Disappointment, "wasted trips" to the voting booth, and something of a "I told you so" attitude with friends that voted for him. However, I never once questioned his "right" to command the troops. WE gave him that right when WE voted him into office, whether some of us liked giving it to him or not.

This notion that his "dodge of the draft" was OK, but the vice-president's wasn't (at least Rummy, the VP Rummy, stayed in the country), all based on the notion that Rummy had and used "privilege" and Clinton didn't, smacks of elitism, or maybe reverse elitism.

But then, why would I expect Cheryl's explanation to make sense. She's the one that maintains a 5% difference against exit polls is insignificant when she wants it to be, but 3% constitutes voter fraud.

Like I said, you folks are funny.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> SMutart at CWRLaw.com 11/21/2005 3:35:16 PM >>>
Nope, not yet. There is just too much good stuff going on with you folks. Herb and Ed obviously think W someday will be on Mt Rushmore (and if there is ever a movement to put someone's rear end on the Mountain, this is the hands down winner ), With wit and insight from the likes of Slim,  Rummy and now hearing that Bill is back, it's just too much for this landlubber to walk away from. so Cheryl, go after them.