[Rhodes22-list] (political) response to Herb

Cheryl O'Grady cheryl.ogrady at mail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:07:11 EST 2005

I liked Wally's response - yes, they were all draft dodgers, because they avoided the draft.  They found legal means to avoid the draft.
Some draft dodgers did actually put in service to the country, ie, those who went into the NG.  However, not all who went in served their time, at least, there seems to be some question....

And, yes, Clinton also avoided the draft, but not because of family connections.... I ask if you consider Clinton a draft dodger, because if you do, then wouldn't Cheney and others who took deferments also be dodgers?

As to the final portion of your comment, YOU may have a beef with
> those who "actively sought to avoid the fighting... etc etc etc",
> but the fact remains, George W Bush was elected to be commander in
> chief  of the military, no matter, because of or maybe in spite of,
> his past military record. Just because some don't LIKE that past,
> doesn't change anything.

retch, puke, vomit