[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Bud on bilge water

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Nov 22 09:58:01 EST 2005

Ed's right, from past discussions, one area where water gets in is the
cockpit/cabin interface.  Look under the seats in this area and you'll see
the cabin is open at this point.  Either drilled holes in the seats or the
ceneterboard line hose are possible culprits.  Make sure the centerboard
line runs through a (mine is a garden hose) hose to the centerboard cap and
is well sealed.  My leak turned out to be along the rub rail which hides the
seam between the two halves of the boat.  I think it was Roger who suggested
removing the rub rail, caulking, and replacing the rail.  I just ran a bead
of caulk on top and bottom of the rail and my leak went away. - Rob