[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Bud on bilge water

David Walker david.walker5 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 12:09:55 EST 2005

Rummy,

You obviously need more barrels of rum in the bilge for ballast.  Maybe Stan
has moved the thoughhull, but  I sail on the Atlantic and have never come
close to getting water backing into the sink.  In that case though a higher
loop with an air valve would be better than a check valve as they add
appreciable flow resistance and tend to stick closed.

Dave
David Walker
David Walker Photography
davidwalkerphotography.com