[Rhodes22-list] Baja

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Mon Nov 28 22:49:23 EST 2005

Bill,

Thanks for the encouragement!  We had such a good time my sister-in-law
wants to come with us next summer but she will pay the charter of  a larger
boat from La Paz.  Hey, at that price I'll be captain, water boy or cabin
boy.  I think that after that trip I want to take the Rhodes up north to the
San Juans, visit a couple of Rhodies up there and see a bit of Canada.  The
year after is a toss up.  Stay here (in the states) and do the Bahamas again
or go to Greece and "barrow" my 23 year-old son's 1976, 22 foot English
built sloop.  The problem is it hasn't been used in 2 years and really needs
to be excercised.  Which brings up a conversation I had this evening.  He
said that if a Rhodie was interested and had the time (he would pay the cost
of materials) to get the boat back in the water they would be free to sail
it around northwestern Greece for as long as they wished.  That would be the
Ionian, a really nice, more gentle place to sail compared to the Agean.  So,
if any one has 10 days to 2 weeks to work on a boat (can't be too much to do
since the desiel was pulled out--an ugly outboard in a well now--and the
last time I commisioned I did it in a week in Turkey) they would be welcome
to use it.  This offer goes out to any of the Listies.   Boy I really got
off topic on that one!
Chris G
Medford Or