[Rhodes22-list] advice needed

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 07:43:49 EST 2005

Cheryl,

I purchased my 84 R22 sight un-seen several years ago. Photos were emailed.
As others have suggested take a good look at the trailer. I picked the boat
up in the middle of the winter in Madison WI. I had to factor in the cost of
hotel room and the 1620 miles (round trip). I was not able to rig boat and
the batteries were dead. I understood this going up there. The past owner
was paying for storage and divorce was forcing him to unload.

I sent deposit and had my check book with me. It was understood that the
trailer had to be road worthy. He put new bearings and lights. The trailer
was in ok shape, It was missing one of the keel guides. The tires were
original with plenty of tread but they really should of been replaced.

The yard hauled the boat indoors and gave it a pressure wash and I drove
home and the rest is history. We use the boat year round and I have never
once regretted the purchase. No doubt I would have gotten a nicer boat from
Stan. I only had around 6K to spend. I bet this boat is in good shape but
take the time to check it out!

Good luck,

Wally