[Rhodes22-list] advice needed

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:50:51 EST 2005

Cheryl,
Why not do both?  What I mean is:  buy the boat and take it to Stan's
factory so that any issues can be fixed and any add-ons can be added.  As
Stan said to me: "there isn't anything wrong with an R-22 that we can't
fix."  I bought my 1995 in 2001 sight-unseen.  I had it brought to the
factory where they added all the extras (including hull paint job and bottom
painting).  The advice you have received about the trailer is excellent -
that is likely going to be a problem.  Mine was a disaster and it took over
$500 of investment to make it usable.  (Stan doesn't do trailers).  Still,
that's a lot less than a new trailer.

You also might want to ask Stan if he remembers the boat since it was
recycled not too many years ago...

Good luck.
Bob K