[Rhodes22-list] P-Reply to Bill Bennett

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sat Oct 1 10:27:49 EDT 2005

You said:

"who had been denied all opportunity for wealth and education for centuries (enslaved even) and then whenever one individual tried to make something of themselves, they were called "uppity" "

and then

"there are rich blacks, middle class blacks, and very poor blacks"

Hmmmm, wonder how those rich and middle class blacks got beyond being called "uppity" and the suppression you folks heaped on them?

"..., and dragged out to the nearest tree (remember "Southern Fruit"? or in Texas... Pickup Drag?)"

Yep, I remember "pickup drag". Best I remember it, the guy was found guilty and sentenced to die. Of course, it will take a few years, thanks to some idiot liberals around the country....

"all the ways us European whites have created the illusion that we are somehow superior"

Well shame on those folks. I was technically "European" until I hit 18, when I declared my US citizenship. But I spent most of my time in the US, and thus don't consider myself European any more.. I am curious about something historically though, do the African blacks who sold their enemies into slavery to those European whites bear any responsibility in this ongoing angst of blame?

" if you can get beyond your superiority complex, you will get an entirely different perspective on people with black skin.

Your ignorance really does know no bounds, does it. What have you based this "superiority complex" of mine, on? My attitude about blacks or other minorities? See, that's ignorance. First of all, you don't even KNOW what race I am. Ignorance Saroj, spouting your mouth off without having a clue what you're talking about. We've got this stupid family tradition, where we have children given "family names". My brother Bill was named after my mother's step-father, William. I have about 40 or 50 first cousins (Big Mamma had 11 kids, so 50 cousins wasn't out of the question). Of those 40 cousins, probably at LEAST of 5 of the boys are named William after our "Paw Paw". I'm named Herbert after my Uncle. I've always hated that name, but hey, it's a family tradition. Then I had a cousin born when I was a kid and living in Asia (ooops, there goes your "visit another country plan, huh?) and my Aunt wrote us to let us know she was naming him after me, adding the same middle name to seal the deal. I was honored, but was just a kid, so I'm sure it was just a family tradition. Then more recently, one of my other aunts had a daughter who adopted a little boy. She named him after me as well. That "Little Herbie" introduced a new faction in our family, he was the first black in our family. At least, the first we know of. Of course, we've had Hispanics in the family for years, my step-father is a Mexican national, we love going down and visiting his family outside of Monterey.

The point of all the above is to point out the fact that you're basing your rant on ignorance Saroj. It's almost funny, and it's a shame in a way, but it certainly speaks nothing of YOUR level of intelligence.

"Maybe you should take on the job of the U.S. PR person... get out a little, travel around... you might see an entirely different world than you are able to imagine right now...."

Again, ignorance. Just because I haven't made it a point to regularly mention on here the various countries I've been to, as you have, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I was actually born in Germany. I've lived in other parts of Europe as well as Asia, and have visited many other countries (including Grenada, you ignorant ass). I've made South America, but not Australia or Africa yet, even though they're on my "before I die" list. Think I'm going to skip Antarctica though, I'm a warm weather person.

"Gosh... I was just about to get over my dislike of all things Texas and you showed up."

Hmmm, now who has her "panties in a twist". Oh my, whatever shall we do, an ignorant self-righteous liberal ass doesn't like anything "Texas". Well, guess you can get back to your "getting over your dislike", I'm not Texan. I was born in Germany, not Texas. Folks around here tell me you have to be born here to be a Texan. They're afraid of outsiders coming in and screwing things up.

And NONE of the below rant answered my question as to the validity of the statement that Bennet made. As a matter of fact, it merely explained the reason the statement he made is true. Aborting all black WOULD reduce the crime rate, since black have disproportionately higher crime rate. He made the statement to show how ridiculous the argument that the caller cited was.

Now, go unbind your knickers (now then, THAT'S a disgusting thought), put some visine in your eyes, and wipe the spittle off your keyboard. That was your reflection you were seeing babe, not me...

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> saroj at pathfind.net 10/1/2005 7:12:06 AM >>>
Wow... you sure got your knickers in a twist over this.. face red, eyes,
bulging, sputtering spit all over the keyboard... quite a sight..

Why do I no longer think Bennett is intelligent?  Cause you'd have to be an
idiot to not realize how blatantly insensitive, inflammatory and absurd that
statement was.. and yes, I did hear it, although just the clip... but
including the part about how reprehensible it would be, blah, blah, blah....

Frankly I think if anyone took 2 minutes to think beyond the statistics, one
would realize that if there were any group, easily distinguishable by color
or physical appearance, who had been denied all opportunity for wealth and
education for centuries (enslaved even) and then whenever one individual
tried to make something of themselves, they were called "uppity", and
dragged out to the nearest tree (remember "Southern Fruit"? or in Texas...
Pickup Drag?),  there would be an ingrained cultural hatred and profound
resignation about becoming a good citizen ready to pick oneself up by one's
bootstraps... I'm talking cultural, not individual... expect a few more
generations of opportunities and assistance with a leg up (NOT welfare....
opportunities)...

I don't know how old you are, nor care, but I lived through the civil rights
movement... this is RECENT history and if you think that we have stripped
from our society all the ways us European whites have created the illusion
that we are somehow superior and have (and plan to keep) all the goodies --
now subtle, previously blatant -- then you'd better do some reading and open
your eyes.

As it happens, I live in a black city... yes... black... most of the
population is black, there is a black university, the leaders are black...
Hampton, VA... my family was aghast when I moved here... "be sure to lock
your doors"...  I feel quite safe here, have never had anything stolen out
of the yard, am not bothered in the least... I like living here... I like
living around blacks...they have a different perspective and cultural
manifestations which I really enjoy... I could NEVER live in a homogenous,
fear-ridden, gated community!  Here in Hampton there are rich blacks, middle
class blacks, and very poor blacks... Do you think the crime rate is high
amongst the rich blacks?  how about the middle class blacks?  Frankly I
don't know... but I would be more than willing to bet that it is amongst the
poor blacks... Whacha think?  Have you ever visited a country that was "all"
black and governed itself... go to Granada sometime... if you can get beyond
your superiority complex, you will get an entirely different perspective on
people with black skin.

Maybe you should take on the job of the U.S. PR person... get out a little,
travel around... you might see an entirely different world than you are able
to imagine right now....

Gosh... I was just about to get over my dislike of all things Texas and you
showed up.

Saroj