[Rhodes22-list] Call For Volunteers

michael meltzer michaelmeltzer at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 20:19:37 EDT 2005

I have received a request again for a FAQ. I am happy
to setup the system, but I do not have time for the
content. I have come up with a method for the group to
do this your self which I will outline below.

I will setup a Wiki, that is a method that people can
update the pages with being a computer programmer. you
be able to edit the pages pretty much as your would in
Word.

The Idea is that the everyone who wants to can add
content can and more important can update it.

For this to work I need a project leader, some who has
a strong computer background and will be able to lead
people thought the issues of overall layout, linking,
uploading, access control, source management control,
"how do I do that question", i.e. tri 1 and 2 support,
Will not make this project a death-march  and the
"gentle art of user correction". If you have to ask
what this terms mean you are the wrong person, I
except about 50 hours will be needed in the next
quarter.

The second type is the content editors, this can be
anyone who knows "Word", can learn some simple
computer command for linking and wants to donate
25-100 hours over the next quarter.

Now the true test, is anyone interested?

BTW project leaders candidates, Your interview is
handling/explaining the questions that are bound to
come.

-mjm
PS. I take care of the setup and hosting but no one in
their right mind wants me on a word smithing project
:-)