[Rhodes22-list] Winter storage-Sail removal

Laurie Meacham lmeacham at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 7 21:56:48 EDT 2005

We live in Lewes, Delaware and this is also our first season of sailing.
We are planning on taking our boat out the end of October, maybe the first
or second week of November.  After discussing what to do with our sails
with Stan and Elton, they recommended if possible just to leave sails and
mast up during winter.  This will be the easiest way for us because we do
not have the mast hoist to take everything down.

first season of enjoying it.  I am rigged with roller reefing of the jib
and in-mast furling of the mainsail.  Does anyone know a relatively easy
way to remove the genoa and mainsail, and to reinstall them, without
lowering the mast?