[Rhodes22-list] Robert Dobson

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Oct 10 10:35:26 EDT 2005

Bob,
	Go to this web site and see upper left corner:
http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/hartwell/  Was your water that
temperature?  It seems after Labor Day the powerboat traffic diminishes
substantially.  In fact recently I was out and saw only two other sailboats
and one was far away.  Come on down.  Yes in January and February, it can be
40 degrees here, too.  On the other hand it can be 60 plus.  I recall one
Christmas it was full sun and 72.
	We do not take our sails off in this part of the country.  How would
you sail on a nice day?  We do not put tarps over our boats, how would we
get it over the upright mast?  You guys with trailers just may want to
become snowbirds.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Technical Addendum: http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/hartwell/