[Rhodes22-list] 2005 WCSC Hospice races.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 17:34:08 EDT 2005

Kimberly and I had the pleasure of crewing on a friends Hunter 37 for the
fifth annual Hospice race sponsored by the Western Carolina Sailing Club. We had
 BIG winds Saturday, but Sunday proved to be a near dead wind day, but a good
 time was had by all. There were boats from all over the country as this is
part  of the National Hospice Races. All profits go to the Upstate Hospice
charity and  they made a little under $20,000.00 this year. There were many
classes of boats  in attendance and I talked with the chairman and all we need would
be 3 R22's to  compete next year to have our own class. I would like everyone
to think ahead to  next October and come down for the races. We will easily
get the 3 boats  necessary for the class race, but it was such a great time I
would like to  invite all Rhodes owners to make the trip next year.
I will keep you posted on the dates and details as they come available. The
WCSC puts on a great event and this year there were 80 some boats signed up.
Some boats came from Vermont, New York and Florida. There are camping
facilities  on the grounds and they provide adequate meals. The party's Friday and
Saturday  night were great with live music. Attached are some pictures I took.
This  morning it was cool, so there was fog on the lake and the winds never
cooperated.

Rummy