[Rhodes22-list] New Member

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Wed Oct 26 16:53:15 EDT 2005

Hello Lee and welcome!

On the question of a recycled or used, one hard, cold fact is that there are
very few used ones for sale.  If we see two or three up for sale we see that
as a glut.  So you have to ask yourself if you're willing to wait it out and
hope one comes up for sale in your area and is in good shape (good luck on
that) of if you want a boat this year for sure.  Since you've already put
down a deposit, I assume you're in for the latter.  Congrats.  You won't
regret it.

As for the many options, everyone's different.  It's pretty hard to tell you
what you want, but you've come to the right place for lots of opinions.  In
my opinion, you should keep the opening ports.  It gets pretty hot in your
neck of the woods, right.  You'll want the ventilation and leaks are not
much of a problem if at all.  Mine don't leak a drop.  Just be sure to get
the canvass covers for them.

I have two solar panels and two batteries.  You might be able to get by with
one of each but if you're sailing much at night as I do, you'll want the
piece of mind.  Especially if you use a battery powered anchor light.

Before the bimini, look into the pop top enclosure.  If you plan to do any
overnights it's money well spent.  I also like the boom room and use mine
often.

Slim
S/V Fandango
Minneapolis