[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 vs. Precision 23

FCrawford0707 at aol.com FCrawford0707 at aol.com
Thu Oct 27 23:58:19 EDT 2005

Nick - we had settled on a final list of P23, Com-pac 23 and Seaward 23
before seeing the R22 at the Atlantic city show in '94 - speed was not the
determining factor, but more the whole feeling of the Rhodes- cockpit comfort,
additional shrouds, a much more functional interior, marine head, galley w/o a
pullout stove, IMF, poptop enclosure for cruising, salty look (although on that
factor alone we would have gone with the Com-pac), etc.  We haven't
regretted our decision to go with the Rhodes "on the spot" - we have revisited  the
other "finalists" at various sail shows over the years, and our re-looking  has
only reinforced our feeling that we made the right choice.  Our trip  from
Edenton to Rock Hall last Spring was 8 days on the water and we never felt
cramped, with the ability to put the pop-top enclosure in place each  night.  Frone
Crawford   /   s/v Sunday  Morning