[Rhodes22-list] IMF with battens

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Mon Oct 31 17:30:37 EST 2005

Nick,
I believe our boat, Blue Loon, has the first 'official' battened IMF. We've
had no problems with the furling as the batten does not furl into the mast -
it stops right at the batten. The only issue that we've had is that we lost
the original batten on a very windy day early on. Since we needed a
replacement, we found that fiberglass driveway markers minus the reflector
top worked perfectly and were the right length. We now sail with a couple of
spares but have not lost one in the past two seasons.

Julie
s/v Blue Loon
1996 recycled in 2003