[Rhodes22-list] Politicizing NO

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Sep 2 10:41:15 EDT 2005

Sorry, Brad,

My spell checker turned the misspelled word "devistation" into
"detestation".  "Devastation" would be the correct word in the context
below.

This has proved to be huge problem for people who don't spell well, or
are dyslexic.  The spell checker offers a number of words, each
correctly spelled, most of them not the word intended.  People with
spelling deficits can't quickly select the correct word, so their
outgoing messages contain a lot of homonyms.

I keep the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary on a disk in my computer at
all times so I can quickly double check the meaning and spelling of some
of the words turned up by my spell checker, and others not turned up by
the spell checker that I am suspicious of.

Bill Effros