[Rhodes22-list] POLITICS - When The Levy Breaks

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Sep 7 14:19:50 EDT 2005

No, Hank, that's not the way it works.  Congress does not "create" the
budget.

The Executive branch develops a budget which the President submits to
Congress for approval.  Congress can either pass the budget, or change
it.  The President must then sign it.

This President has gotten his budgets passed pretty much intact.  You
might want to talk to your congressmen and Senators about that, or you
might want to elect different congressmen and senators, and Presidents
with different priorities.

I guess the good news is that the current President has already said
that we will be able to pay for all the reconstruction required without
raising taxes.

At least, that's good for me.

Bill Effros