[Rhodes22-list] Blame the

michael meltzer michaelmeltzer at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 18:58:33 EDT 2005

Frankly bill "blinded by the light" comes to mind or
Target fixation(same thing that cause a fighter pilot
fly his plan right into the ground). All you see is
the "Feds", I think it a little broader.

I have a problem with allot of the players and also
take the view that people make rationale decisions

1)IIRC this is a coastal city that is 6 feet on
average below sea level. You notice the original
French quarter is OK, why did they let house be built
in the lower zones? cheap land maybe?????

2)When I bought my house, I had to get a sign off on
the flood maps, people did not know????? Their are
sign post all over town showing flood stages(west
port), I am sure the locals know the score.

3)what happen to every local officials? cut and run
maybe???, I am sure their were least 500-1000 school
bus in the local area before the storm. No need to
spend the money????????

4)population conditioned to "just ride it out", like
last time, ever notice all the cars in the flood?

5)this has been a problem 30 year in the making, where
were the district, and city official "planing", again
they knew the score for a somewhat unique local
problem, move equipment to high ground? preposition
supplies(at least 72 hours worth)?, buy only high
water capable vichicals for city use(like we does with
trash truck for plowing)? A quick reaction group with
supplies and methods to plug a level break? The flood
plans are were know, were was the automatics reaction
from the local side to get their people out, you know
the plan and supplies?

6)why did it take the Gerard/ to bring order? maybe
something about being shot? the local cops looked just
like crown heights

7)oh, do not forget all state people, both potical and
full time staff who seemed duct all responsibly. Nice
living off the government tit? never make a decision
that could cost you your job? only contract out work?

8)how of the levels did break? 500 feet out of 100 of
miles? 99.99+% where OK, the repair thing again, their
are never any kick backs? shirty work?

9)FEMA looked bad, no too ways.

10)maybe I am crackly in my old age, but the Russian
system shooting the general and turn to next in
command "you are next if this is not solved in 24
hour" was need here.

11)the military has a problem moving, it it supply
train, logical support, because everything is
"organic" it take a while to move into position. they
used the 82 because they come with their own supplies
in the drop.

12)could it be bill, just maybe, bush saying "he not
happy" was enough to shake the lead out of some
burocrats to make a call, take a risk, solve the
problem, like in keep their job. how many government
employs are in play, from at least four pairale
reporting lines(local, city, state, fed)? 10,000,
100,000, more, I am not sure, how much is "command and
control" that failed?

13)So how much of a new asshole are you going to rip
me :-), I got at least 2 holes now :-) you will slice
and dice me in writing style. But when you claim I
wrong, uninformed, misguided or do not understand.
well that brings me back to the beginning.  "blinded
by the light"

 I am only getting started in the list, their are
allot of players here who failed in leadership now and
over the years.

-mjm

PS. ED has the latest decoder ring:-)

=== message truncated ===