[Rhodes22-list] POLITICS - When The Levy Breaks

michael meltzer michaelmeltzer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 10:29:19 EDT 2005

I do lot of systems design, so I look at how systems
work and the players in them, and how they interact.
Spend alot of time debugging them :)

FEMA had a problem that they were "fighting the last
war", i.e. 911, mind set, spending, they forgot about
mother natrue. It lead to a bad system design, for
that he should be fired. The "top level" players in
these systems are vision, leardship and a visable
"interface" for people to see. They are long
range/long time line actors, they can have some short
term effect by "being unhappy" and trafering risk to
them selfs(i.e making a desion) but.... If they were
all shot on monday it should not have made a
differance to the responce. What I think we are going
to find when this "onion" is peeled is the GS10-GS13
level the system broke down, truff wars, stove pipe
problems, No clear chain of responiable, worst let
working outside thier desion cycle(norimaly months and
commitee considance) vs "on the spot" and "right now"
that they were put in. Also to make life "esyier" for
middle mangers allot of these agaiscy have become
simply contracting sorces to outside vendors without
resource of thier own.

-mjm