[Rhodes22-list] Re: IMF and trailering

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 8 16:46:16 EDT 2005

I first roll up the jib - to 125%, I then lower the boom.  Last
year when I sailed from Chicago to Michigan City I had about
50% jib and less then 1/2 of the main  and still averaged 4.5 knots.
Before reefing the main we were moving at ~6, but I would
have ended up standing in line with the Cubs pitching staff for
arm rehab.

Ron