[Rhodes22-list] Time Out--Computer Question

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Sep 10 11:33:36 EDT 2005

Thanks, Hank, Michael, Luis,

I think I already knew that, but I was hoping there might be some way
around it.  Email has become a fantastic archiving mechanism.  As
someone who does a lot of research, it's very useful to be able to
instantly recover almost everything said to me or by me.  Google Desktop
makes this possible, and Mozilla Thunderbird works in a way that makes
it easy for me to re-use material I have sent out previously without
constantly cutting and pasting.

When email started I must admit I didn't "get it".  "Just pick up the
phone" was my answer.  Now, even though I pay nothing for either long
distance or local calls, I shun the telephone because I don't wind up
with a record of what was said.

These sites that don't give me email addresses defeat my purpose in
sending email.  It's like having an unlisted phone number and wondering
why people don't call.

At least, now, I can stop thinking about whether someone else can come
up with the address I can mail to.

Thanks, again,

Bill Effros